Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas in Cali {travel}

For the holidays, my husband and I spent 11 days with my family in Southern California. My mom lives in the town I grew up in, Riverside and is still in the same house, 16 years. It was definitely eventful... check it out:


On Christmas Eve, my husband and I strolled down to the Mission Inn's Festival of Lights and looked at all the lights, they even had an outdoor ice skating rink! It was phenomenal! 
Then we went over to OOKA Restaurant & Sushi Bar for dinner at the Plaza. 


All of our stockings hung up Christmas morning, Santa was good to us!

The table set for 25 friends and family. This is a long lasting tradition, my mom {who owns a party rental company} invites all of our friends who don't have family in town, to become our family around the Christmas dinner table. I have enjoyed it so much and it was great to see everyone and catch up. Plus everyone brings a dish that is their specialty, so you get a wide arrangement of delicious eats!

My mom decorated a "memorial" tree this year. The big bow on top is the bow my grandmother and her sister would pass to each other for over 30 years. When my great Aunt passed away, the bow was passed down to her daughter and then continued the tradition. Both my grandmother and my mom's cousin passed away this last summer, so the bow now belongs to my mom and will be passed to her second cousin, Alisa. I <3 p="" tradition.="">

This is how my Christmas day ended :( apparently, my appendix wanted to stay in California and I had to have an emergency appendectomy. Don't ask how that happened... it just does! Unfortunately, mine happened on Christmas.

Our plan was to head to Glamis for New Years, but my appendectomy put a delay on things. I still decided we needed to go, I just had to rest. This was about the extent of my desert riding {around the camp}.



No comments:

Post a Comment