Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nick & Emily Hansen {Wedding Design}

My good friends, Nick and Emily were married on July 23rd and if you have been following with my posts for the past year {almost} I have been with them on their wedding journey since the day they were engaged. First I had the joy of doing their engagement photos back in January, and then followed with their Save the Date Postcards. Next came their Invitations, the design as well as the finished product. After a few months of planning and planning and more planning... the photos below tell "our" story:

I wrapped each of the bridesmaids gifts in these fun polka dot boxes with customized stamped tags:

I made Emily's hair piece with peacock feathers and an antique medallion:

All of the boutonnieres were made with feathers and silk leaves:

The bridesmaids gifts were peacock feather and ostrich feather broaches that Emily had them pin on their dresses:

They were married at Mile High Station in Denver, CO, one of my favorite venues:

Emily and I had discussed designing a backdrop for their "altar" to stand in front of the black curtain that was hiding the bar. I had been collecting antique frames over the past couple of years and had the idea to paint and glitter them with a champagne colored fine glitter. Once I put it all together, it turned out amazing!!!

We hung the letters with fishing line:

I also designed her programs to match the theme as well as the reserved signs for the family seating:


I love having moms carry small bouquets instead of having a corsage or boutonniere, its so classy.

This was the hardest part, but the most fun. The bouquets/centerpieces turned beautiful.

I wrapped Emily's bouquet with her grandmother's lace and held it together with little vintage buttons that matched the boy's boutonnieres:

I absolutely love this venue, so modern and chic!


The "altar" worked out great!

We were having a hard time figuring out how to hang the wood stick balls and poms, so I made mobils:

I made a special peacock feathered pen for the signing of the marriage license, and the mirrored vase was a gift to Emily {and went on the sweetheart table}:

The happy couple!:

Emily was such a beautiful bride:

The boys at Invesco Field {Bronco's territory}:

The girls and their bouquets:



The "apple trees" were fun {and interesting} to make.

The beautiful maid of honor, Ali:


A view of the tables from above, the color pallet was perfect with the peacock feather theme:



I was so happy when I saw the photographer get this shot, cause this is one of the centerpieces I made with our gift in the background, 2 canvas prints of Nick & Emily's engagement photos, the ones of them kissing each other's cheek. One is Emily kissing Nick and the other is Nick kissing Emily. I first got this idea from our own engagement photos, we had them printed and framed and they hang on either side of our bed. Love them!:


The bouquet toss:

The sweetheart table:

 See ya! Congrats you 2!:

Thank you so much Emily for including me in all the planning and festivities. It was amazing being able to share my talents and create your day to be as special as you are! I wish you and Nick only the best! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment